The death of a loved one is a difficult and sad time. At Sacred Heart, we are here to support you through prayer and loving support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why have a Funeral Mass?
Catholics believe that at death life is not over, it is changed as the deceased transitions to his or her heavenly home with the Lord. The Mass is the most important act of worship and unites us with Christ and with each other, especially those experiencing grief and pain. The Funeral Mass is a time when we gather to pray for the deceased asking God to forgive his or her sins and to welcome our loved one into heaven.
How do I schedule a Funeral Mass?
- Arrange a meeting with the Funeral Director of your choice. Area funeral directors include:
- The funeral director will guide you throughout the planning process. You will be assisted with choosing a casket (or cremation urn), pallbearers, flowers, funeral transportation, charity for donations if desired, as well as assistance with obituaries and burial.
- The funeral director will contact the parish.
- You will be contacted by the Ministry of Hope from Sacred Heart Parish who will guide you through specific planning of the funeral liturgy, such as, family participation in the funeral Mass, selecting music and scripture readings.
What is the fee for the Church?
- All Fees for the Funeral Mass are paid to the church by the Funeral Director.