A NOTE TO PARENTS
Presenting your child for Baptism is a promise to faithfully raise your child in the Catholic faith, and to be an example of Christian living for your child.
In order to celebrate your child’s baptism at Sacred Heart parents must:
- Be registered parishioners of Sacred Heart, Hopedale.
- Complete and submit “The Baptism Inquiry Form” below.
- Attend a Baptism Preparation class. Expectant parents are encouraged to attend the Baptism Class before the birth of their child if possible.
A NOTE ABOUT GODPARENTS
In order to serve as a Godparent(s), the following requirements must be met:
- Godparents are Catholics in good standing meaning they are registered in a parish, attend Mass regularly, and are giving of their time, talent, and treasure to their parish.
- A Godparent MUST be a confirmed Catholic and practicing their Catholic faith. If the person is a non-Catholic, they are eligible to be a Christian Witness. A Catholic who is not practicing his/her faith, is NOT eligible to be a Christian Witness.
- Godparents(s) are to be at least 16 years old and have received the sacrament of Confirmation.
- Godparents are encouraged to attend a Baptism Preparation Session, either at Sacred Heart or in their own parish.
To get the process started, please complete the Baptismal Inquiry form (below). Once you submit the form, expect to hear from us within a week.